When you’re thinking about home renovation projects, new siding is definitely a consideration – but what are your choices? A2 Home Pros, a website specializing in Ann Arbor, Michigan home improvements including roofing, siding and gutters, frequently posts blogs that inform readers about the best type of shingles, modern roofing styles, siding and much more. Recently, they discussed 3 options for exterior siding, and here are the highlights:
- Vinyl siding: there are a lot of advantages to this type of siding, including:
- Low maintenance – all it takes to clean is a simple spray with a hose or wipe down. What could be easier than that?
- Versatile – there are hundreds of colors, textures and styles to choose from, so you can match it to your home’s décor.
- Extremely durable – usually comes with a lifetime warrantee and protects your home from excess moisture.
- Helps reduce heating and cooling bills – because it keeps warm air in during cold months, and keeps you cool during hot summers.
- Affordable – this energy efficient choice will fit into any household budget.
- James Hardie siding: one of the hottest siding brands in the business is James Hardie. Homeowners who are looking for the best in residential siding options talk about this popular manufacturer. Whether you’re interested in verticals, lap siding, cement boards, weather barrier or artisan designs, you’ll be blown away by its look and resilience. You simply can’t go wrong with a name that’s been in the industry for over 30 years. This company is recognized as one of the leaders in the business.
- Aluminum siding: this old standby is tried and true, and is available in horizontal and vertical patterns. It’s very resistant to moisture and mildew, and it won’t rust. If you live in a cold climate, aluminum is a good selection as it won’t buckle, snap or crack under extreme temperatures. It’s also 100% protective against insects, and it’s totally recyclable – so it’s environmentally friendly. It’s a little more old fashioned and not as modern-looking as other brands, but it’s still a good idea to weigh all of your options when you’re planning a home remodeling endeavor.
A2 HOME PROS CAN HELP
If you need help deciding on a perfect siding contractor or type of siding, take a look at a site called A2 Home Pros. This is a great resource for any homeowner looking to replace or install new siding, roofing, flooring, doors, windows, tiles and more. They make it easy for you do research various home improvement contractors in the Ann Arbor, MI area. It’s important to find a company that is highly qualified to do this type of work in your neighborhood. One that knows how to deal with municipal inspectors, pull permits and schedule final inspections. By checking this site out, you will be empowering yourself to make the best decision for you and your family.
New siding installation is a big consideration, something that is best left to experts that are completely insured, certified and qualified to do the job right. If a company is highly recommended by neighbors and friends, give them a call and see what they can offer you. Can they bundle services (roofing and siding, and perhaps gutters) to make it more affordable? Are they friendly on the phone? Have you looked at their Facebook or Twitter pages to see what their customers think? How many stars do they have? Are they residential siding specialists?
You might be leaning toward James Hardie siding, vinyl siding installation or aluminum siding. No matter what, you want to be treated like you’re cared about, by a company that has an excellent reputation. If they are rated positively by sites like Angie’s List or the Better Business Bureau that is a very good sign, too. Take some time to think over your options, and don’t forget to consult A2 Home Pros. They’re in the business of making home improvement projects easy. By choosing a local siding contractor that’s rated highly in Washtenaw County, you will have peace of mind. Having the most up to date information and facts will save you money and time. It just makes good sense.